I’ve been rather silent on my blog lately. We’ve established that. For those of you that remember, I have lots of issues with electronics–cell phones in particular. I love electronics, but I hate the way people abuse them. Instead of linking you to my past posts, I have created a nice bullet list of my biggest peeves…
- Please, please, please do not talk on your phone while you’re in a public restroom. Especially if you are two feet from me, don’t say, “No, I’m not doing anything…”
- If you’re going to text, at least have the consideration to step to the side of the sidewalk. Definitely don’t try to cross the street and text at the same time.
- Why would you ever drive and text? I don’t care how good you think you are at multi-tasking. eh-hmm.
- Just because you are talking on your private cell phone does not mean that you are in a private place. Conversations, including break-ups, should wait until you are alone. The worst place to break-up with someone over the phone is while you are on a public bus.
- If you are in a movie, just turn the fucking thing off. Really? You are going to pay $12 to watch an average movie, not to mention the $10 for snacks, and you are not even going to watch it?
Oh, that always feels so good to get it out. Good therapy. I’ve really been working at just minding my own business. I really have. This one issue just gets under my skin. It’s the worst on the airplane, which is probably source of these issues anyway. I’ve taken to just ignoring those who ignore me. If you have your cell phone to your ear while you walk on the plane, talk to ya later. If you aren’t willing to take your earbuds out of your ears when I am trying to get your drink order, and you just keep saying “what?” Next. If I have time later, I’ll come back.
I’ve decided that since I can’t change anyone else’s behavior, I’ll change mine. It’s my goal the next time someone decides to talk on their cell in the neighboring stall to develop a bad case of the dry heaves. I mean gut-wrenching. That’ll shut him up, right? If someone wants to talk about their girlfriend’s weird-shaped vagina on the J-Church MUNI train, fine. I’m going to record it with my new voice recording app on the iPhone. And, yes, there’s an app for that. I may even post it on this blog, we’ll see how juicy it gets. Perhaps that was a bad choice of words… I totally just grossed myself out.
I’ve already asked numerous people in the row in front of me to stop texting or talking on their phone during the movie. If that doesn’t work, I move. I’m up for suggestions. I think we are a creative bunch of people. Let’s take down these rudey-rudersons one cell phone at a time! The one thing I would like to do the most is grab their phone out of their hands and whack ’em over the noggin with it. But, that would be rude.
UPDATE: I no sooner finished this post when I came across this gem. MSNBC reported on a girl who fell into an open manhole while texting. I’d to hear your comments on this one–both raunchy and G-rated. The possibilities are endless.